Motorized Window Treatments may just be the biggest trend of 2023. The top two reasons homeowners are opting for motorization are Access and Safety; the ability to operate hard-to-reach shades and the elimination of the potential choking hazard from lift cords. But there are many other reasons to choose motorization for window treatments
Ease and Accessability
- Are the windows difficult to access?
- Does a household member have any physical limitations like arthritis or limited mobility?
Motorized shades keep access at your fingertips. No more climbing onto ladders, stepping into a bathtub, or climbing up on the kitchen counter to open or close those hard-to-reach shades.
- Do the Homeowners have young children, grandchildren or pets?
Safety is always a top priority. With motorized window treatments there are no cords, thus enhancing the safety of the home.
- Is there a lot of foot traffic on the sidewalk outside of the home?
- Can the next-door neighbor see into the home?
A favorite setting can be programmed on a remote control that will automatically move the window treatment to the desired position at the touch of a button.
- Does the Homeowner travel?
Window Treatments can be programmed to move at seemingly random times on different days of the week to keep the home looking occupied and safe from becoming a target for break-ins.
- Does the sun wake your clients up in the morning?
- Is there fading of hardwood floors, oriental rugs, or upholstered furniture?
Motorized window treatments can be controlled by sun sensors so that when the sun is up, the shades are down. They can also be programmed to raise and lower at specific times on specific days of the week.
- Is it cold around the windows in the winter?
- Does the room get too hot on sunny days?
The angle and intensity of the sun changes with the seasons. The hours of the day that we want to keep the sun out in the summer are different from the hours of the day that we want to let the sun in during the winter. The timing of the movement of the shades can be automatically set so that they open and close to maximize energy efficiency and keep the house comfortable in any season.
Home Automation Systems
Window coverings can be integrated into Smart Home systems. They can be controlled via an app on a smart phone. They can be controlled by voice command to Amazon Echo, Google Nest, or Apple HomeKit. And they can be integrated with home automation systems like Control4, Crestron, Elan, Savant, RTI and URC.
- Will You be limited in selection and style?
Not necessarily. Nearly any window treatment can be motorized including shades, draperies and even shutters. Whatever your style preference or type of window, the perfect window treatment can offer the benefits of motorization.